NAMI St. Tammany currently manages three separate residential projects that serves thirty adults living with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) and/or co-occurring disorders that are currently homeless. These programs allow individuals, who otherwise may be subject to further institutionalization or homelessness, to live in a less restrictive environment while preparing them to move in the direction of recovery and independence. Hope for recovery is reflected in all treatment, services, and supports. These residential programs are housed and operated at the hospital campus located at 23515 Highway 190, Mandeville, Louisiana 70470-3850.
NAMI St. Tammany provides qualified, trained staff to ensure supervision of the residents at all times. Clients are assisted with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs) and receive life skills training in the major areas needed for independence. Medical, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Dental, Money, Medication and Home Management services are also provided. Transportation is provided to assist with accessing community resources and employment. Clients receive services to assist them in achieving greater independence and afford them an opportunity to save and budget money to secure housing independence in the community.
NAMI St. Tammany is currently seeking part time Resident Assistants for primarily weekend schedules; could lead to full time. Position duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
1. Assisting clients with ADLs/IADLs
2. Providing skills training
3. Assisting in the planning and preparation of meals
4. Assisting in the completion of household chores
5. Escorting clients to appointments and activities
6. Assuring safety of the home
7. Assisting residents with job placement
8. Assisting with discharge readiness and placement
Minimum Qualifications include:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Valid Driver’s License
3. Desire to work in a supportive manner with adults living with mental illness in keeping with the principles of recovery
4. Peer Support Specialist certification a plus
For further information or to submit an application send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Housing Office at (985) 624-4129.